Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Big day at our house!





So I had to take Chayse to the dr. yesterday and she has an infection in both ears... here we go again! Anyways, I was talking with my GREATEST DOCTOR IN THE WORLD Gary about her development and telling him how she doesn't roll over yet and he informed me I shouldn't be worried considering how early she was. So I left feeling a little better about the situation. We came home and were sitting around doing homework and all of the sudden... there she went... ROLLED OVER. It was so cute and of course she had 5 people in her face oooing and awwwing at her accomplishment. It is hard to explain why you are so excited for a baby to roll over, but for some reason you just are! It is sooo fun to see her growing and developing. I don't think it is more exciting, but definately a little cuter consider how teeny tiny she is. It almost just doesn't look right to have this little body rolling over and trying to go places! I never knew I would have the capacity to love 5 other people so much but sometimes I have so much love for my children and Drew I feel like my heart will explode. I have been so blessed and taken care of and my little miracle Chayse is just another example of how I know the Lord loves me personally.


Making other big news is our little man Tate. He hasn't had his "Mi" for 4 days now. Not even for bed. We have tried weening him from his binki for a long long time but he is relentless and we give in! I don't know if anyone else has this problem with their 2 year old but I haven't wanted to deal with the screaming and fit throwing. I am crazy enough as it is! :) It has been an uphill battle with this child. He got pretty good at not taking it in stores and if we were somewhere we would say

"Put your binki in your pocket" (at least that way he felt close to it)

and when we had it in our pocket he would say the cutest thing:

"Mi your pocky" (translated to Binki in your pocket?)


So anyways, when he goes to Grandma Patty's she has him put his binki in a jar on the counter so he knows where it is but can't walk around with it in his mouth. Well when we picked him up the other day he left his mi in the jar and when I got home I gathered them all up around the house so he would think he left them all there. So when he asked for it I said it was at Grandmas' Well it has been 4 days now and he hasn't had one at all and doesn't even ask for one anymore. If you ask him where it is or if he needs one he says "NOPE, IT'S AT GRANDMA'S HOUSE" I am glad to see his face and not that binki and I am sooo glad to not hear him sucking on it when he is next to my ear in the middle of the night!

However, this morning he woke up in an especially foul mood. I sure a binki were on hand! :)

11 comments:

AmyJo said...

How cute! Your kids are adorable! You are lucky you can take Tate's binki away though, Seneca sucks her thumb and I can't do anything about it!

Rasmussen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rasmussen Family said...

Hi Lisa,
Your family is so cute and so is your blog! I can't believe Chayse is already rolling over! Remember to enjoy every moment, I know I am!
Annette:)

Idaho Hodges said...

Yee Haw!! Go Tate!! HOpefully he doesn't scrounge one up somewhere. And you're right Chayse is so little that see her do the things she does is crazy. Wait til she starts walking.

Mike and Bridgett said...

AWESOME! Way to go Chayse and great job Tate. Your kids sure are doing great! Maybe I should send Aidan over from lessons on life. He is rolling around under my feet crying right now. What a little joy. You have the cutest kids ever!!

Rasmussen Family said...

That's so cute. Indee finally gave up her binki this summer when we went to the cabin. She had so many people around her so she didn't ask all week. So when we got home I said it stayed at the cabin and she has done great.

Bon said...

You were just saying you were worried and look she did it already! She sure is getting big! Good luck with the binki situation. I am so glad that phase is over with here! I hate taking them away!:)

Lori Harris said...

Yeah. Go Chayse. Tahlia had an ear infection too and I had to take her into the doctor. I hate it when babies are sick. I hope she gets better.

Blake and Rhonda said...

I hope that Chayse feels better soon. That is so fun that she is rolling over. And how exciting to get rid over the binky with Tate. What a cute picture of him!

Three Irish Men and a lady said...

Hey Lisa-
Your kiddos are way too cute. I was excited to find your blog on here. Anyway, I wanted to just let you know that Teagan our 3 year old still had his binki (mimi is what he called it)a month after his 3 year old birthday. We couldn't get it away. We had this whole story going. The MiMi Prince came and took them to all the little babies and gave him a Leapster in return. LOL the things we do. Anyway, glad to see you on here and hopefully this will keep us in touch.

Three Irish Men and a lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.