Friday, August 21, 2009

First Day of School Pictures



Logan and McKenzie started school yesterday! It is hard to believe that my little baby McKenzie is in 3rd grade. She seems so old... she is so old! She has a great teacher and I know she is going to have a great year. Here is something she said to me yesterday that just REALLY made me look forward to the future with her....

we were in the car driving back from Alta WY and both Kenzie and Logan were out of seat belts and laying all over the pick up floor and I said "Get in your seat belt now." Her reply was (SCrEAMING at me) WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO STRICT!

I am pretty sure I have never used the word strict. :)

Logan is in 1st grade. He was so excited to go to school all day and eat breakfast and lunch there. Our school this year does free breakfast so they just get off the bus and eat breakfast. It works out really well for us all! When I picked him up yesterday he said the best part about 1st grade is that you get 3 recesses. He was so cute and it was AWESOME because he had homework on the 1st day. I love his teacher!

Unfortunately last night Logan woke up about 1am and threw up. Not sure why. He never acted sick before or after so it was weird. I told him when we were brushing his teeth again that he probably wouldn't be able to go to school tomorrow becuase he might be sick and he replied "I HAVE TO GO. I promised Slade (his cousin also in 1st grade) that we would chase girls at every recess together" What a stinker!

9 comments:

Bon said...

They both look so cute LIs! And that is funny cause Caleb said the same thing about three recesses! Boys, must all think alike!

Hannah said...

Cute kids! I didn't know they do free breakfast. Is that for everyone?

Idaho Hodges said...

Oh Logan! You make me laugh!! They look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Okay so I LOVE McKenzie's outfit. so stinkin cute. I remember when the boys would chase me every recess, lol!

Lori Harris said...

What great school day pictures. Such cute kids.

Drew and Mariann said...

They are SO cute!
The yucky stomach flu has been going around. My little boy had it last week and my girls and I got it this week. YUCK! Poor little guy!

Natalie said...

such cute kids and adorable blog background.

hmcclintock said...

They look so cute. I love that shirt on McKenzie. I can't believe how grown up they are either.

AmyJo said...

No fair they get 3 recesses! My kids get 1, no matter what grade.
Kenzie and Logan are so grown up, it's crazy how fast time goes.