Sunday, July 27, 2008

July 24th Celebrations


It is true that the 24th is a mormon holiday but it is still fun to have another day to feel patriotic and be reminded of how blessed we all are. We have lived in our house for just over a year and the other day I was just reminded of how blessed I am to live where I do. Our city had a city breakfast in light of the 24th and the young men lined the exit into Sugar and all the way down the main street on both sides with the American Flag. When I drove down the street I just loved it. I feel such gratitude for those serving our country for my freedom and made me think of Sept 11th. I remember such a feeling of pride and unity as a country in those days and weeks following that day. I wish that we could leave the flags up all year round and help everyone remember things that are really important. I am just so grateful for my home and my freedom and all of my great new friends I am making in our ward and neighborhood. I love this little town!

5 comments:

madsens said...

I love the picture. I was going to take a picture of the flags. but didn't get it before they were taken down. I may copy your pict. if that's ok.

Lori Harris said...

It was neat to see all of the flags in Sugar. The 24th is a good reminder to all of our freedoms and heritage. Take care.

Mike and Bridgett said...

LISA!! That is an amazing picture. Your camera and whatnot are awesome! Looks like your sprinkler system is coming along. I am keeping an eye on it for you. Someone has to be in charge while you are gone. Just kidding. I only watch them work when I drive by your house. Hope you are having a lovely time in CA! Hurry up and quit partying and get home.

Rasmussen Family said...

I totally agree. I love the flags so much. They just make me feel good. Let me know when would be a good time for us to come over.

Blake and Rhonda said...

Great picture. Sugar city is a fun place to live! And you need to email me that picture! It is awesome. rhondaharris12@hotmail.com