Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our Little Trooper!!!!




Today has been a great day for Chayse. In the last 24 hours she has made "remarkable" progress according to her doctor and we owe it all to those 2 extra days I didn't deliver. It was enough time for the steroids to take effect and that made all the difference they say. When I was with her today she was able to have her IV removed and is starting to be weaned from her isolet into open air. As long as she can keep her body temperature up she won't have to go back in. Her feedings are going pretty good and she is doing bottle feedings half the time and NG feedings the other half. Not bad for a baby her size... or so they say. The dr. actually told me today that it is very possible for her to be home in a week and I am soooo happy for that. I just can't tell you how much I love her and how beautiful and sweet and precious she is.

9 comments:

Bon said...

She is so pretty Lisa! That is awesome that she has made such progress! I knew she would be a strong one! Love ya

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how much better she looks, even since I last saw her on Tuesday. I'm so glad that stuipd IV is out. I hated that thing.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!!

AmyJo said...

She is so beautiful! I am glad that the two of you are doing better :) I am sure it is pretty frustrating and emotional for your whole family. We will keep you in our prayers! Love ya!

Kelsey said...

She looks just like her favorite aunt kelsey!!! I love her soooo much! I know everything is going to be all right. You and baby both are both in my prayers. I can't wait to hold her and kiss her little face off!!

Idaho Hodges said...

So sweet!! Can't wait to see her. I think about you all the time. Keep eating those bottles baby Chayse, so you can come home.
Love ya
Melissa

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I am so glad she is making progress. She is so beautiful. It makes me want another girl. I find out in one week what we are having and I can't wait. Hang in there Lisa, I can't imagine what you are going through.

Stephanie said...

hooray for chayse! she is so so so beautiful!

Ashley said...

She is so pretty. I am so glad that things are going well for you guys.