Yesterday the Kindergarten had a Thanksgiving Feast with the kids and their parents. Logan was so excited to have me there... NOT! He acted so embarrassed to have me there and was acting all goofy for pictures. I (of course) made him take one with me and I even made him let me kiss him before he ran off to class.
I love my kids so much and try so hard to be a good mom. I have been very impressed with them this week that I felt I needed to brag a little. We ALL went to walmart (it's been a long time since I took all my kids to walmart with me) and they were so well behaved. People even walked up to me and TOLD me this.
Logan has been doing wrestling for a while now and he has struggled with insecurities and his shyness getting the best of him. Last night he did so awesome. He pinned every kid the wrestled and was doing the moves and having such a great time. As his mom I sat there feeling so proud and mostly just so happy for him that he was able to break out of his shell and be the fun and energetic kid we all know he is. I wish I had my camera because it was incredible.
McKenzie has done so well with dance. I know it isn't her strongest talent, but I also know she is trying so hard to do her best. I can see it when she comes home from dance wanting to practice and become more flexible. It is worth every penny I pay if dance can help build her self esteem and develope a talent in the process as well.
As a reward for being so good and working so hard at the things they have committed to we took them to dinner last night and Drew and I sat SHOCKED when they obeyed and acted polite and ordered their food and were just plain good kids. So we even let them order dessert!! :)
6 comments:
Way to be on the ball and attend all those school things. Tysce is going to throw me for a loop in that area I'm afraid!!
I'm so glad that they only act the way I know them to act when I'm around, and you don't have to deal with that all of the time, hahaha.
Is that Logan's lunch? No wonder the kid is a monster!
Well Melissa it took me until this school year to get it together. The end of last year was a total blurrrr!!!!
Wow, what a great mom and what terrific kids!! Keep up the good work, Lisa!
Your kids are so great. I will be Logan's Primary teacher for 4 weeks or so. I'm so excited for Primary. (At least I think so...)
Lisa, Lisa, Lisa...if you would bring your camera to these events you wouldn't have to wait like 4 or 5 eons until I sent you them. Thankfully they were received on the email or else I am sure I would be hearing about that too!!! You are GREAT! Thanks for being that way. =)
Post a Comment